Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jadot Beaujolais


Dinner at Dad's. Grilled rib eyes, sauteed mushrooms, and baked potatoes. Calls for a big, expensive, full-bodied red from the Rhone, Bordeaux, or Napa, right? I was amazed at how good this red tasted with the dinner. Good fruit on the nose, decent finish, and just enough acidity to stand up to the rib eye. I later called for the vintage, but dad couldn't find it on the bottle. Drinking this wine was like the beer I had last night at a block party. The host asked how I liked the keg beer. It was nice and smooth. Some hops on the nose with great color. I thought it was a Sam Adams. It ended up being Yuengling.
This dinner also made me think of my wife's Sicilian grandparents and wine. Grandma would make an unbelieveable red sauce and "macaroni". With this we would drink CR Fortissimo red wine. I will never forget those meals, slowly being accepted into the family. Drinking the Fortissimo out of small tumblers that look like what jelly came in when I was a kid. Maybe we should take into consideration how much love will be around the table when eating and drinking. Love and family, I guess, go a long way for our taste buds. Thanks Dad 8.1 (for the wine).

No comments: